Monday, May 15, 2023

5--15-2023 Jerome, ID

 

We interrupt this trip for a special reason.  I have lost my big sister, Bootsie (Margaret Mary).  She died on Saturday.

 

The plan is set.  I will fly out of Boise to Chicago on Wednesday for the memorial services.  Rob will stay behind with Noobee and continue to travel toward Spokane for Rachie’s wedding.  After the funeral on Friday the 19th, I will fly into Spokane in time for the wedding and we will resume our trip.  Bootsie would have insisted on it.

 

The Kraus family is quite blue and essentially now flying blind.  Bootsie was our anchor, our port in the storm, our rudder.  Now we are seven.

1948


1951  Bootsie and Lindy


The fam  Christmas 1954
1962













1962 North Central
Airlines

Easter 1963













Mar, Lindy, Carol, Bootsie

We ten
Bill, Lindy, Patty, Bootsie, George,
Carol, Larry, Beep, Mike, Mar


11 comments:

  1. I am with you in spirit. Love the pics which I saw during our joint venture last year. The piano one is especially poignant. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear...safe travels to and fro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences. Thanks for sharing these great pictures. S.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding the pictures. Great woman with a huge heart. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Lindy. Safe travels and our hearts are with you. Connie lost her youngest sister and week and half lost her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Lindy. I know your heart is broken. Just know your sister is feeling great and enjoying her welcome home party. She will be hanging around all your family and helping you. You have an angel on your shoulder. Big hugs from Mike and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our sympathies to you Krauser & also to Rob. Our Lord must have felt Bootsie was ready to close out on this side of life and start enjoying the best part ❤️ love to each one in your family, Sally & John

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Our love and prayers are with you. She will always be with you. Love from us both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank F - Queen Creek, Az - I deeply apologize for this late reply. Losing our loved ones is not easy. And their loss leaves an empty hole in your life. Having been down this same path with my brother, parents and most recently my wife Diane. I understand and share in your loss. My condolences go out to you. Take care and may the good Lord be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were in Jerome and didn't tell me. I only live about 30 minutes from there in Buhl.

    ReplyDelete