Saturday, May 13, 2023

5-13-2023 Introduction to the Spring-Summer Trip

 At 1640, it’s been a long Winter and Spring riddled with appointments:  surgeon, cardiologist,  dentist, podiatrist, optometrist, physical therapists, lab tests, x-rays, the care and feeding of Noobee and a variety of miscellany like haircuts, a plumber and a tree doctor.  The calendar looked like a spaghetti bowl.  Nevertheless, a plan developed to get out of Dodge which required monumental focus and effort. 

 

Granddaughter # 2, Rachie, is getting married to Cody on May 20 in Spokane.  This seems like a valid enough reason to push the summer trip ahead a bit and make a big loop of it.  From Spokane, we hope to travel over to western WA to visit family and friends.  Then we’ll lollygag east across the beautiful northern states as far as Minneapolis-St. Paul and blindly draw a squiggly line to wherever is next.  For us, traveling across America’s heartland and bread basket is always a wonderful treat as we make every effort to find tiny back roads and stay off the freeways.  Maybe we can cross off a few entries on the bucket list while we are at it.  We will see what trouble and stories we can find.

 

So for now, Day 1, we made it.  We juggled, ran the maze, weaved through the obstacle course and spun the plates.  The goal was a 10AM departure.  We drove away at 10:39AM.  This is some kind of milestone!   And we are off like a prom dress!  Three hours into the 9-week trip, it rained on us.  Not a lot, just enough to ruin our beautiful wash job.  Ach du lieber.  All is well.



15 comments:

  1. ENJOY!
    We went from a ton a snow, two weeks ago, to turning the AC on in the truck, today 😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin and I always have last minute issues. I was airing up the Beast's tires when I dropped the pressure transmitter behind the wheel cover. No problem I said. However, the last guy who serviced the front wheel bearings must have used an impact wrench on the lugs. My usual tool to loosen these two fake lug nuts failed as I over torqued them. I looked all over town for a 1-9/16 socket to attach to MY impact wrench. Naturally I found it in the last place I looked: the Do It Best store. Next time, I'm going to continue to keep looking after I find the item: I'm tired of always finding the damn thing in the last place I look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Lindy & Rob.
    We have waited ages for this day.
    Getting out of Dodge is always a wonderful feeling.
    Wishing you guys a safe & enjoyable cross-country.

    F & L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe and pleasant trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful adventure! We are getting past all our same stuff you mentioned, in order to go to Belgium for a week to visit friends, then the 4 of us will cruise Monte Carlo to Barcelona for 10 days!! Then, another hip replacement for me after we get back! Fun times ahead!! As always, safe travels friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang..not anonymous....it's Vicki and Bob!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you at the courts in July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got away near "on time". We will wait anxiously for all of the upcoming blogs. Lindi does such a great job on them, I learn things that I should have already known. After reading these for years, I have a question, where was the picture of you two taken that is on the home page?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy trails to you……

    ReplyDelete
  10. Safe travels and we look forward to reading about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  11. F. Flemming - Queen Creek, Az. One the road again! Hallelujah! I’ll stay tuned for the adventures, as they happen. Stay safe and enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a safe and fun trip, looking forward to the stories👋

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I could meet up with you in ID. Hope you have a great trip and I look forward to hearing about how it goes. S

    ReplyDelete