Thursday, July 21, 2022

7-21-2022 Introduction to the Utah Stories

 I intended to take a little sabbatical from the t-log business this time around but I’m being badgered.  OK, OK, I’ll write a few stories, jeez.

 

As demonstrated earlier, the cost to feed Noobee’s tank is enough to make our eyes water.  It’s hard to resist the urge to hit the road, though, and Noobee was stomping and snorting in her barn.  A couple of smaller trips seemed like a reasonable alternative until sanity returns to DC.

 

We arrived home from the last little trip in time for Rob to make his scheduled doctor appointment.  With that in the rearview mirror and Noobee still more or less still rigged up and packed, we had seven days to regroup and head out again.  The goal was easy.  I located blue spots on the map indicating water, searched for camping nearby and the plan materialized:     Flaming Gorge, UT.  It seems reasonable to expect a bit cooler temperatures than those baking Pahrump right now.  Our campground is also in proximity to water where, with luck, I will successfully master the inflatable paddleboard Mr. Claus brought me for Christmas last year.  We’ll just see about this last one.

 

Yesterday, Rob had another doctor appointment, this one in Vegas.  So it made sense for Rob to drive the Jeep to that appointment while I drove Noobee to Oasis RV Resort to set up camp for an overnight while I waited for him to show up and mix the toonies.  Oasis is particularly close to my heart because this is the camp where I stayed for 8 weeks during my breast cancer radiation debacle.  Parking and hooking up was, shall we say, mostly a success.  I couldn’t figure out why the microwave wasn’t working, for example.  It turns out that Rob had unplugged it in the secret, far reaches of an adjacent cabinet for reasons that remain a mystery.  He had also forgotten to open the shore water valve.  I hooked up the water but couldn’t get water out of the faucets inside.  So I forgot about it for the moment and proceeded to open a bag of popcorn.  Later, when I stepped out of Noobee for other reasons, I discovered Noobee was sitting in the Oasis Ocean, water flooding out of the bottom and onto the ground.  Well, that was interesting!  The water was on, all right, filling the potable water tank to its limits and then tumbling out of the bottom of Noobee like Niagara Falls (the Canadian side).  Right about that time, Rob arrived, opened the valve and all is well.  The grass and trees got an extra little drink of water and our water tank got a nice flush-out.  Just in time for cocktails!  (The popcorn was another story.  It was awful and went out with the trash!  How can anybody screw up popcorn?)

 

This morning, we packed up and we are now on the trail to Richfield, UT, halfway to our camp at Flaming Gorge.  We’ll investigate and see what Richfield has to say for itself.

7 comments:

  1. On the road again.... Smooth happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You always have interesting events and issues pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save travels, good Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were many , many time in Utah always love the state

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Lindy
    That was a rough start, but you guys are on the road again.
    That is all that matters,
    Your T-Log was a pleasant surprise.
    Stay Safe & Happy Traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Trails! Hope to find cooler weather. TOB xxoo

    ReplyDelete