Saturday, June 27, 2015

6-22-2015 Back to the 50s Finale

6-22-2015 MSRA Back to the 50s Cruise-In III


George Lindy   Bill      Patty

Back to the 50s
Patty         Lindy       George            Bill

Bootsie        Ray         Lindy
Larry     Carol       Lindy

Adding it all up, I got to visit with six of my brothers and sisters, Bootsie, George, Bill, Carol, Patty and Larry, nephew Andy, nieces Shelly and Katie, all spouses, and three great nephews, Jake, DJ and Everest.  Not bad! Almost a full house!  This part was gratifying for me.  We had a lot of fun together, picnicking, going out to dinner and just basically sitting around bullshitting.  Rob particularly enjoyed walking the fairgrounds midway with my brothers, trading detailed information about each and every old car.  “Oh wow, a 52 De Soto!  That was the first year of the chrome-reverse crimpulated flimflam valve cover!”  No, I don’t think so, I think that was the 44 Tucker.”  I was the dry sponge who went along to listen and hum “Little Ol’ Lady from Pasadena.”  The facts will all be gone by the end of the week, anyway.  Only so much RAM, you know.  I have to dump the old stuff to allow the new stuff in and everything up to seventh grade is gone already.  This explains a lot!


Our flights were typically coach:  cramped and just OK but I’ve learned something important.  You can expedite the security process at the airport by announcing that you have a metal hip joint.  “OK, step right over here, m’me.”  Bazinga!  Old age has many not-oft-thought-of benefits.  (Too bad I didn’t think of this before walking down 13 flights at the hotel.  Damn!)

We are home safe and sound, preparing Bee for a short fourth of July trip to St. George, UT.  More to come, T-Loggers.  In closing, I’ll attach a few more pretty cars we drooled over and say “good bye” for now.  

Love you all!  
Lindy


39 Plymouth hood ornament


International Harvester



Rob's "must-have," 61 bubble top

Oh my God!  Can I keep her, Mom?!



9 comments:

  1. Just wonderful! Know you loved every minute with your siblings. Also know what you mean about the memory bank being full! Must get rid of some of it to let more in, unfortunately! With my two artificial knees, I learned the trick of telling them, and it definitely speeds up the security process. Another upside to having had my knees replaced. Bereft that the t-logs are over for now. I'll hold my breath until St. George. Hugs, OB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now really, that '61 is SO much better looking than the '62!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "New Format" and Pictures.

    Looking forward to your next Publication.

    Freddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you could come this year. We had a great time! Love you both

    Ray and George

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete